DIY Tailored Slipcovers is the definitive how to slipcover book. How to slipcover lessons cover all of the basic furniture frames and the fitting techniques used to create an upholstered look. Slipcover fitting challenges are presented with the solutions that will enable you to understand the slipcover developmental process.
All of the lessons presented have been carefully chosen so that they can be carried forward and applied to the majority of furniture frames available. Learn the secret to slipcover roll arm development that mimics the look of upholstery and arm assembly that lays flat, stays in place and follows the upholstered seam.
How to Slipcover Lessons include:
- creating a slipcover pattern for foam seating and the necessary changes when using loose fill
- how to assemble piping
- headboard slipcover:working with heavy weight fabrics; drafting a slipcover from measurements; drafting mitred corners
- bergere slipcover: relief cuts for precise fitting; working with difficult frames
- wingback slipcover: the necessary pattern changes for slipcover wing assembly; the secret to achieving roll arms that mimic upholstery
- skirt assembly
- club chair: working on the bias; slipcover changes when working with heavy weight fabrics
- parsons chair slipcovers: working with repeat patterns
- contemporary chair slipcover: fitting for curves; slipcover details that differ from upholstery and much more!
- all featured fabrics are all Waverly
Do It Yourself Tailored Slipcovers is available through booksellers everywhere.
Author, Sophia Sevo
ISBN : 978-0-7643-2972-2